First job interview
Selection & Assessment
Second job interview
You’re applying for: Business Consultant – Operations
Your application has succesfully been sent. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Do you get excited about driving transformational change and would love to apply your experience from a digital environment to transform a leading player in the field of international and multimodal transport into a 21st century digital and dynamic logistics service provider?
Samskip is on the move to build a new foundation for the future of logistics services, where sustainability, agility, operational excellence, and advanced customer engagement are at the core. We are launching a company-wide strategic transformation program that will re-design from the ground up how we work and interact with our customers and suppliers. In this new team we are looking for exceptional talent that have a drive for action and thrive when changing a multi-cultural organization in mindset and way of working. Your Operations expertise will bring value and structure to our company and your experience in enabling long-lasting change in a digital setting will ensure that Samskip is a whole new company in 2 years from now.
Join a growing and innovative company
Samskip is a truly international company that innovates the most advanced sustainable and multimodal transport solutions across Europe and beyond. Based at our headquarters in Rotterdam, one of the world’s most important transport and shipping hubs, you will drive company-wide improvements for a business with an annual turnover of more than 800 million euros. This makes us one of Europe’s largest transport companies with offices in 35 countries in Europe, North America, Asia, and Australia, and more than 1,700 employees.
Provide business input to the new operations capabilities
As part of our Business Engineering & Transformation team you will work alongside 20 highly motivated colleagues focused on driving business change. By working as a consultant to the Operational business teams you will ensure that the ongoing and emerging operational challenges are addressed methodically, supporting the delivery of operational improvements and tactical objectives. These Operational capabilities will need to seamlessly support commercial and customer engagement objectives and fit within the overall program priorities and timeframes. In this role you will be responsible for gathering, challenging and developing Operational business input to deliver fit-for-purpose processes and IT solutions that will deliver operational excellence.
Within this context, your detailed activities include:
- Coordination of concise, detailed, and prioritized business requirements.
- Develop and deliver new fit-for-purpose operational business processes in line with simplification and standardization principles, challenging the status quo.
- Defining business requirements with key stakeholders and act as a bridge between the business and IT in projects that require system implementation.
- Engagement of business colleagues across a broad set of functions and locations.
- Create robust and professional documentation to effectively engage stakeholders and accurately convey business requirements.
- Provide/coordinate the business input for TO-BE processes, identifying any gaps from the AS-IS.
- Discuss and agree trial and implementation plans with the business that fit with the overall objectives and timelines of the intended solution.
- Coach/train the business on new techniques and processes.
- Identify SMART KPI’s and metrics that can be used to measure the effectiveness of business processes.
- At all times you collaborate closely with Samskip’s business leaders to ensure that initiatives are implemented effectively in all business units with clear business accountabilities and the appropriate knowledge sharing.
An arena in which to shine and grow
As a company, Samskip embodies the dynamic and fast-moving international logistics sector. The atmosphere is busy, open, and collaborative. Every day is different. Above all, you are free to deploy the full range of your talents and achieve ambitions that drive both your success and ours.
Samskip also offers:
- Market competitive salary including a 13th month.
- 28 days of annual leave.
- Company pension plan.
- Reimbursement for costs of daily commute.
- Flexible working agreements.
Are you ready to be one of the driving forces behind the continual success of Samskip?
You can switch between helicopter view and detailed analysis and discussions. You feel at ease in discussions with business unit leadership as well as talking to our engineers and you can influence effectively. This visible and impactful role will require you to bring our operations organization outside their comfort zone and calls for a drive for action combined with resilience and patience. At Samskip we are very hands-on and believe in leading by example. In this role you will thus spend some time on (creating) the details yourself.
Ideally you have a background in Operational roles and/or consultancy delivering change in a multi-national company, where you have demonstrated:
- Good operational business understanding and expertise.
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills.
- Broad and effective technology, presentation, and communication skills.
- Effective stakeholder management at all levels in the organization.
- Process analytics and mapping.
- Data analytics and mapping.
- Result oriented work style, combined with an analytical and conceptual mind
- Ability to build strong networks with all stakeholders inside and outside the company.
- Data-driven decision making.
To become successful in this role, you also possess:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant domain.
- Relevant experience, ideally within a Logistics context.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in operational or business roles.
- Ability to handle deadlines and schedules within a matrix reporting relationship.
- Strong interpersonal and English language skills.
If you are excited by the prospect of tackling this wide-ranging and influential role, don’t delay! Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to call us on +31 (0)88 – 400 13 93 or send an e-mail to: [email protected]
View vacancies or read a story about Other Areas of Expertise
Verantwoordelijkheid over onze scheepsplanning van a tot z. Kun jij dat aan? Kom dan ons internationale transportbedrijf in de Rotterdamse haven versterken.
Camila Zattera, Junior Legal Counsel
Operations Standard Costs Coordinator
Go deeper! As an Operation Standard Costs Coordinator at Samskip, you dive deep into our Standard Costing process in operations to support the Operations Cost Controllers in the monthly variances analysis between the actual costs and the standard costs and assist the Cost Owners in following up the corrective and improvement actions to drive the standard costing and business performance in our international transport operations.