Selection & Assessment
First job interview
Second job interview
You’re applying for: Claims Handler
Your application has succesfully been sent. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Are you legally trained with experience in claims handling and are you looking for a varied challenge at an international company? Or do you have experience in the transport sector?
Samskip is looking for an enthusiastic employee that our customers can contact once they have to deal with damage; excellent communication skills and a positive attitude are therefore a must. Because you work at an international level, excellent communication skills in English is important. Your organizational skills and proactive personality help you with accurate execution of your work.
As part of the Claims team, you are the connection between customers, subcontractors and insurance companies on an international level. Whether the claims are about damages to cargo, equipment, vessels or buildings; you make sure the claim is handled professionally and quickly. You make sure the administration of claims is accurate and precise, so you enable the claims department to provide clear reports, statistics and advice loss prevention measures to the business units of Samskip.
Tasks you will carry out are:
- Handle, assess and settle claims regarding cargo, equipment, vessels or other damages.
- Work on successful recovery of claims at subcontractors.
- Ensuring accurate follow-up of the claim and consult with the other Claims handlers and/or insurance company.
- Inform and advise colleagues for loss preventions recommendations and provide claims reports.
- A completed higher education is preferred.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Ability to come up with practical and workable solutions for legal problems.
- Proven ability to manage priorities, organize projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
A sophisticated arena for your talent and ambition
Samskip embodies the dynamic international logistics sector. The atmosphere is busy, open, and collaborative. Every day is different. Above all, you are free to display the full range of your talents and achieve ambitions that drive both your success and ours. To that end, you will have access to wide ranging development opportunities such as the online Samskip Academy. In addition, we believe in a good work/life balance and love getting together for team gatherings and events.
Samskip also offers:
- Salary including a 13th month;
- 28 days of annual leave;
- Company pension plan;
- The possibility to work from home for some of the time.
If you think you think this is the role for you, contact us today via the application button on this page. Do you have any questions? Call us at +31 (0)88 400 1393 or send an e-mail to [email protected]
View vacancies or read a story about Other Areas of Expertise
Om succesvol te opereren in de markt zijn de business analyses van onze Trade-afdeling onmisbaar. Kom jij dit team met jouw ervaring in data-analyse versterken? Pak de kans om je verder te ontwikkelen binnen de internationale wereld van de logistiek!