First job interview
Selection & Assessment
Second job interview
You’re applying for: Digital Architect
Your application has succesfully been sent. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Do you get excited about transformational change? Would you love to apply your digital and architecture experience to transform a leading player in the field of international and multimodal transport into a whole new company? Then you might be the talent we are looking for!
Samskip is on the move to build a new foundation for the future of logistics services, where sustainability, agility, operational excellence, and customer obsession is at the core. We have started a company-wide strategic (digital) transformation program that will completely re-design Samskip and the way that we work and interact with our customers and suppliers. This also includes changing about 70% of our core IT systems in the upcoming years.
What you will do
As Digital Architect you are responsible for designing the future IT and information architecture of Samskip in line with our strategy to make green logistics easy. You have a broad experience in hands-on definition of enterprise, IT landscape and business architectures in multi-national environments and are able to independently navigate across stakeholders in business and IT on all levels of the organization.
Within this context, your detailed activities include:
- Designing the future IT and information architecture of Samskip;
- Act as subject matter expert towards the rest of the IT and Transformation departments on Digital Architecture;
- Identifying and solving issues and challenges across the new digital landscape;
- Develop and maintain an overall digital architecture strategy that aligns with business goals and objectives;
- Design and implement scalable, reliable, and secure digital solutions that meet business needs;
- Provide technical guidance and support to development teams;
- Evaluate new and emerging digital technologies and make recommendations on how they can be used to improve business processes and outcomes;
- Ensure that digital solutions are aligned with industry standards and best practices, including data privacy and security regulations;
- Develop and maintain documentation of digital architecture and solutions;
- Understand changing business needs and channels in a digital world focusing on IT and data harmonization;
- Collaborate with other IT professionals, including developers, designers, and engineers, to ensure all digital solutions are integrated and scalable;
- Develop and maintain a technology roadmap for Samskip;
- Conduct research and stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and digital trends, and make recommendations on how they can be leveraged to improve the organization's digital capabilities;
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, including data privacy laws and security standards;
- Develop and maintain documentation of digital systems and processes.
Your team and work environment
Within our Business Engineering & Transformation department you will be part of a team of approximately 20 people that work in a consultancy-style matrix organization, that consists of project managers and business consultants who drive the transformation agenda across the entire company.
Together with the CIO and his management team you will be driving the design of Samskips digital future which is crucial to the success of our transformation journey towards a data-driven, customer obsessed & margin-focused company. You will work closely with transformation project team members, business, and IT stakeholders to define the best solutions towards our objective of autonomous operations.
This position requires you to lead the design of our digital architecture in the big picture as well as in the details. This calls for a drive for action combined with resilience and patience. At Samskip we are very hands-on and believe in leading by example. You will thus also spend time on (creating) the details yourself.
Your experience and skills for success
Ideally you have a background in commercial roles with a strong customer focus, where you have demonstrated:
- Good business and IT understanding and expertise;
- Pro-active and hands-on mentality;
- Result oriented work style, combined with an analytical and conceptual mind;
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills;
- Strong knowledge of digital technologies and trends, including cloud computing, mobile computing, data analytics, and artificial intelligence;
- Experience with agile development methodologies and its impact on an architecture roadmap;
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills;
- Effective stakeholder management at all levels in the organization;
- Passion for delivering best-in-class solutions.
To become successful in this role, you also possess:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant domain;
- Relevant experience, ideally within a Logistics business context;
- 5 to 10 years’ experience in enterprise or digital architecture roles;
- Ability to handle deadlines and schedules within a matrix reporting relationship;
- Strong interpersonal and English language skills;
- Relevant certifications, such as TOGAF, are a plus.
What we offer you
- Exciting and diverse function where you can really make a difference;
- An informal working atmosphere with nice colleagues, where people are central;
- Working at a company that puts sustainability at the heart of everything we do;
- Market competitive salary;
- Annual 13th month;
- 28 days of annual leave;
- Travel allowance;
- Flexible working agreements and hybrid working;
- Excellent company pension plan with low employee contribution;
- Collective health insurance.
Samskip is a truly international company that innovates the most advanced sustainable and multimodal transport solutions across Europe and beyond. Based at our headquarters in Rotterdam, one of the world’s most important transport and shipping hubs, you will drive company-wide change for a business with an annual turnover of more than 800 million euros. This makes us one of Europe’s largest transport companies with offices in 35 countries in Europe, North America, Asia, and Australia, and more than 1,700 employees.
As a company, Samskip embodies the dynamic and fast-moving international logistics sector. The atmosphere is busy, open, and collaborative. Every day is different. Above all, you are free to deploy the full range of your talents and achieve ambitions that drive both your success and ours.
If you are excited by the prospect of tackling this wide-ranging position, don’t wait! Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to call us on +31 (0)88 – 400 13 93 or send an e-mail to: [email protected]
View vacancies or read a story about Other Areas of Expertise
Is analysing one of your top talents? Are deadlines your friend and do you accelerate under pressure?