Selection & Assessment
First job interview
Second job interview
You’re applying for: Inside Sales Executive
Your application has succesfully been sent. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Samskip is a global logistics company offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air with a particular focus on cost efficient, reliable and environmentally friendly transport.
With an annual turnover of over EUR 800 million, Samskip is now one of the larger European transport companies, with offices in more than 24 countries in Europe, North and South America, Africa, Asia and Australia, employing approximately 1450 people around the world.
Samskip is headquartered in the Netherlands but was originally founded in Iceland in 1990. Since then, Samskip has produced consistent organic growth complemented by strategic acquisitions.
Samskip has a long history of serving Norway and has built up valuable experience, strong local presence as well as an extensive customer base. Frequent containerized multimodal services connect Norway with the rest of Europe. Samskip Norway organization consists of more than 200 experienced workers in all fields ranging from terminal handlings to business controllers in 40+ locations.
Are you a talented professional with a keen interest in pursuing a career in sales? Do you want to contribute to be part of the journey of making green logistics easier in an interesting company with great growth opportunities, improve processes, and thus ensure that we become the most popular logistics supplier along the Norwegian coast?
As an Inside Sales Executive, you will be responsible for your own customer portfolio as well as support the Fields Sales Executives and Sales Manager with handling theirs. You will be involved in the development and coordination of new business opportunities and projects together with Field Sales Executives, Sales Manager and Trade Management. You will also act as an intermediary between Sales and Customer Service to ensure that customers receive the service that has been agreed and that they expect & demand. You will report to Regional Sales Manager Norway.
Your tasks involve, but not limited to:
- Promote and selling our multimodal logistics services to meet sales target.
- Managing and responding to pricing requests, service and general information inquiries from both existing and potential new customers.
- Ensure that all quotations sent to customers are followed up and feedback is gained.
- Providing potential and existing customers with up-to-date information about our company, routes & services.
- Identify potential new customers.
- Assisting in preparing and managing the flow of market data and pricing analysis to enable competitive response to tenders and rate inquiries.
- New sales to new customers and upselling to existing customers.
- Executing general administrative work, reporting and data input, maintenance of agreements, quotations, and presentation material.
- Good knowledge of the transport/shipping/logistics industry (experience from shortsea shipping is a plus).
- Strong written and verbal communication (Norwegian & English).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office and ability to learn new systems. Expected to be the sales super-user in our internal systems.
- Enjoy working at a fast pace, able to handle multiple tasks and have good knowledge of the transport industry.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team, with initiative, self-motivation, attention to detail and discipline. Ability to deal with complexity.
- Good solution-oriented and efficiency skills.
- Willingness to put own ideas forward and has the desire to succeed.
- Must be personable, reliable, and able to communicate confidently with people at all levels.
- The opportunity to work in an ambitious, dynamic and professional international organization.
- The chance to be part of the transformation to greener transport solutions.
- Office located centrally at Lysaker.
- Unlimited opportunities for personal development.
- 25 holidays a year.
- Pension scheme and a personal insurance.
Do you have any questions? Send an e-mail to [email protected]