Selection & Assessment
First job interview
Second job interview
You’re applying for: Junior Office Manager
Your application has succesfully been sent. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Who we are?
Samskip is a global logistics company, offering transport and related services by land, sea, rail and air. We particularly focus on cost-efficient, sustainable and environmentally friendly transport. With an annual turnover of more than 800 million euros, Samskip is one of the largest transport companies in Europe, with offices in 24 countries across Europe, North and South America, Asia and Australia, employing around 1450 employees in total.
Our company is looking to hire an Junior Office Manager to be responsible for the general operation of our office. Duties will involve greeting visitors, purchasing office supplies, taking proper inventory and some HR admin tasks. Your role is to create and maintain a pleasant work environment, ensuring high levels of organizational effectiveness, communication and safety. The successful Junior Office Manager is an energetic professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties and executive support-related tasks and able to work independently with little or no supervision. Well organized, flexible, and enjoys the administrative challenges of supporting an office of diverse people
Specific tasks and responsibilities
- Serve as the point person for junior office manager duties including: Maintenance, Mailing, Supplies, Equipment, Bills, Errands, Shopping
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Organize the office layout and order stationery and equipment
- Maintain the office condition and arrange necessary repairs
- Ensure all incoming invoices are properly registered
- Provide general support to visitors
- Assist in the onboarding process for new hires
- Address employees queries regarding office management issues (e.g. stationery, Hardware and travel arrangements)
- Liaise with facility management vendors, including cleaning, catering and security services
- Support in organizing in-house or off-site activities, like parties, celebrations and training
- Handle basic HR administration tasks
- Support the General Manager as needed
Knowledge and Skills
- Proven office management, administrative, or assistant experience
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems, and procedures
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of accounting, and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of human resources management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Computer skills and knowledge of office software packages
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing.
Education and Experience
- A bachelor degree or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience in junior office manager or in assistant manager role
- Experience in international transport, shipping or customs is useful but not essential.
View vacancies or read a story about Other Areas of Expertise
Operations Standard Costs Specialist
Go deeper! As an Operation Standard Costs Specialist at Samskip, you dive deep into our Standard Costing process in operations to support the Operations Cost Controllers in the monthly variances analysis between the actual costs and the standard costs and assist the Cost Owners in following up the corrective and improvement actions to drive the standard costing and business performance in our international transport operations.