First job interview
Selection & Assessment
Second job interview
You’re applying for: Management Consultant – Commercial
Your application has succesfully been sent. We will contact you as soon as possible.
Do you get excited about transformational change? Would you love to apply your digital and commercial experience to transform a leading player in the field of international and multimodal transport into a whole new company? Then you might be the talent we are looking for!
Samskip is on the move to build a new foundation for the future of logistics services, where sustainability, agility, operational excellence, and customer obsession is at the core. We have started a company-wide strategic transformation program that will completely re-design Samskip and the way that we work and interact with our customers and suppliers.
What you will do
Within our Business Engineering & Transformation department you will work as a management consultant to the commercial teams. You will be responsible for gathering, challenging and developing new business solutions, methodologies and tools in the domains of Sales, Customer Engagement, Revenue Management and Pricing. You will ensure that the transformation and business re-engineering initiatives supports the operational excellence and customer engagement objectives, priorities and timeframes of our transformation program.
Reporting to the Head of Business Engineering & Transformation you will be part of a team of approximately 20 people that work in a consultancy-style matrix organization. You will switch between helicopter view and detailed analysis and discussions. You feel at ease in discussions with business unit leadership as well as talking to our engineers and you can influence effectively. This visible and impactful role will require you to bring our commercial organization outside their comfort zone and calls for a drive for action combined with resilience and patience. At Samskip we are very hands-on and believe in leading by example. In this role you will thus spend time on (creating) the details yourself.
Within this context, your detailed activities include:
- Develop and deliver new fit-for-purpose commercial business processes in line with simplification and standardization principles, challenging the status quo.
- Defining business requirements with key stakeholders and act as a bridge between the business and IT in projects that require system implementation.
- Engagement of business colleagues across a broad set of functions and locations.
- Create robust and professional documentation to effectively engage stakeholders and accurately convey business requirements.
- Discuss and agree trial and implementation plans with the business and PM that fit with the overall objectives and timelines of the program.
- Coach/train the business on new techniques and processes.
- Identify SMART KPI’s and metrics that can be used to measure the effectiveness of business processes.
- At all times you collaborate closely with Samskip’s business leaders to ensure that initiatives are implemented effectively in all business units with clear business accountabilities and the appropriate knowledge sharing.
Your experience and skills for success
Ideally you have a background in Commercial roles and/or consultancy delivering transformation in a multi-national company, where you have demonstrated:
- Good commercial business understanding and expertise
- Excellent organizational and prioritization skills
- Broad and effective technology, presentation, and communication skills
- Effective stakeholder management at all levels in the organization
- Process analytics and mapping
- Data analytics and mapping
- Result oriented work style, combined with an analytical and conceptual mind
- Ability to build strong networks with all stakeholders inside and outside the company
- Data-driven decision making.
To become successful in this role, you also possess:
- Master’s degree or equivalent in a relevant domain
- Relevant experience, ideally within a Logistics context
- 3 to 7 years’ experience in commercial or consulting roles
- Ability to handle deadlines and schedules within a matrix reporting relationship
- Strong interpersonal and English language skills.
What we offer you
- An alternating and challenging function
- An informal working atmosphere with nice colleagues, where people are central
- Working at company that puts sustainability at the heart of everything we do
- Market competitive salary
- Annual 13th month
- 28 days of annual leave
- Excellent company pension plan with low employee contribution
- Reimbursement for costs of daily commute
- Flexible working agreements and hybrid working
- Collective health insurance
Samskip is a truly international company that innovates the most advanced sustainable and multimodal transport solutions across Europe and beyond. Based at our headquarters in Rotterdam, one of the world’s most important transport and shipping hubs, you will drive company-wide change for a business with an annual turnover of more than 800 million euros. This makes us one of Europe’s largest transport companies with offices in 35 countries in Europe, North America, Asia, and Australia, and more than 1,700 employees.
As a company, Samskip embodies the dynamic and fast-moving international logistics sector. The atmosphere is busy, open, and collaborative. Every day is different. Above all, you are free to deploy the full range of your talents and achieve ambitions that drive both your success and ours.
The Business Engineering & Transformation department has a primary focus for the next 2 years to drive the new transformation program and will continue afterwards as the company’s center of excellence for business consultancy and project management.
If you are excited by the prospect of tackling this wide-ranging and influential role, don’t delay! Click on the button below and send us your CV. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to call us on +31 (0)88 – 400 13 93 or send an e-mail to: [email protected]
View vacancies or read a story about Other Areas of Expertise
Business Consultant – Operations
Do you get excited about driving transformational change and would love to apply your experience from a digital environment to transform a leading player in the field of international and multimodal transport into a 21st century digital and dynamic logistics service provider?
Camila Zattera, Junior Legal Counsel
Operations Standard Costs Coordinator
Go deeper! As an Operation Standard Costs Coordinator at Samskip, you dive deep into our Standard Costing process in operations to support the Operations Cost Controllers in the monthly variances analysis between the actual costs and the standard costs and assist the Cost Owners in following up the corrective and improvement actions to drive the standard costing and business performance in our international transport operations.